Sunday, January 10, 2010

African Butterfly Fish Brackish Will Aquarium Salt Bother My Silver Dollars, Blind Cave Tetras, Or African Butterfly Fish?

Will aquarium salt bother my silver dollars, blind cave tetras, or african butterfly fish? - african butterfly fish brackish

I need 2-3 teaspoons of salt per gallon. Is it just my other fish. I know that often, the salt is not good for freshwater fish brackish water. I also know that salt is used to help to combat diseases of fish. How will this affect my salt of silver dollars, cave tetras and butterfly fish.

3 comments:

Stradiva... said...

as usual, making only the scales of fish such as clown loaches.

Sal affect fish, fish, and not to scale.

vort3xyz said...

Catfish, loaches, snails with salt before other fish affected. Reduction of fish such as tetras are not all that sensative salt only in small quantities. Some tropical fish like guppies and you can take a ton of salt (and) in the area of brackish water.

2-3teaspoons seems a little high for a normal supply. Normally I go with 1 tablespoon (4 teaspoons) per 5 gallons.

2-3 Why? Have you bought a brackish water fish and tries to mix with others?

Anyway ... Add your salt in a day or two, but by dumping all at once ... So, if someone starts to act funky, you can rinse the salt with fresh water before they get sick or die from shock.

mbork898... said...

I use salt in my tropical aquarium. Help reduce stress and helps maintain the health of the fish. No salt in the fresh salt, brackish and obvious. The only difference is the height. As at 2-3 teaspoons per gallon may be too high to fish on the list. The best thing I recommend is 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.

Post a Comment